There are plenty of great churches and temples throughout the Victoria area. Many of these places of worship are historic and provide incredible architecture. Whether you're planning to attend one of the churches on a regular basis or you prefer just to enjoy the view, you can find plenty of options throughout the area. Here are a few of the best choices.
Anglican Church of St. Mary the Virgin - 1701 Elgin Road, Victoria
This parish began back in 1911 and many have found it to be the right type of home for their worshipping needs. The church is a beautiful choice and hosts many concerts throughout the year.
Christ Church Cathedral - 930 Burdett Avenue, Victoria
This gothic cathedral provides plenty of interesting architecture. It was built in 1929 and provides plenty of stained-glass windows, a Hollmuth Wolff organ and 18 worship services ever week.
Congregation Emanu-El Synagogue - 1416 Blanshard Street, Victoria
About 200 families belong to this Synagogue and the building is quite beautiful, as well. This is one of the top choices to discover the Jewish culture of the area.
Other great churches throughout Victoria include:
- First Baptist Church - 877 North Park Street
- Church of Saint Jon the Divine - 1611 Quadra Street
- Church of Our Lord - 626 Blanshard Street
- Chinese Presbyterian Church - 816 North Park Street
- Central Baptist Church - 833 Pandora Avenue
- Centennial United Church - 612 David Street
- First Metropolitan United Church - 932 Balmoral Road
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian church - 680 Courtney Street
- James Bay United Church - 511 Michigan Street
- St. Jean Baptiste Paroisse Francaise - 301 Richmond Avenue
Many other churches are found throughout the area, as well. These are just a few of the top churches and temples found in Victoria.