The best of Victoria is waiting for you. The summer’s in Victoria hold many promising events that can be enjoyed by all ages. Best of all, you can be inspired by the beauty that lives with in Victoria. Breathtaking landscape and stunning views, will have you feeling like this is the best summer you have ever had. Here are some of the summer events that are taking place in Victoria.
Art and Culture
Culture will be made available to you in the streets of Victoria.
- Victoria International Buskers Festival – Actors will hit the streets to entertain you in an old world fashion. They will perform for money or tasty treats. Street performing can be a fantastic way to learn about young talent, and mystical tales. This festival is in July.
- Victoria Fringe Festival – The Fringe Festival is filled with live comedy, drama, dance, spoken word and musicals. Buy your tickets and enjoy 11 days of entertainment in August.
- Victoria International Chalk Festiable - Takes place at the end of September. This is a display of 3–D and coloured chalk art pieces on driveways.
Food and Wine
You’ll want to come hungry to these festivals.
- Feast of Fields – Visit a vegetable farm during this festival and enjoy a tour filled with delectable treats.
- Taste Victoria’s Festival of Food and Wine – Enjoy a variety of Victoria’s best selections from local vineyards, water, fields and farms.
Sports and Outdoors
- Victoria International Cycling Festival - The largest cycling event in Canada. You will witness some of the most daring cyclist performing their talent. This event takes place in June.
- Dragon Boat Festival – This competition takes place in the water and there are typically around 90 teams that enter the event. Participants dress in theme attire, and duke it out to show their community pride.
There are so many amazing events happening in Victoria during the summer, you won’t have time to get bored. Here are a few others you can check out.
- Victoria Symphony Splash
- TD Victoria International Jazz Fest
- Vancouver Island Blues Bash
- Victoria Pride Week
- Victoria Classic Boat Festival