The McPherson Theatre was opened in 1914 for the first time as the McPherson Playhouse. This venue seats 772 guests and provides a community arts center in the heart of Victoria.
Originally, the theatre was a part of the Pantages Theatre chain and now it's a historic theatre providing a home for local companies, such as:
- Blue Bridge Reparatory Summer Theatre
- Victoria Operatic Society
- Kaleidoscope Theatre
- And Others!
The lobby is full of beautiful art and provides a home for The Gallery at the MAC. Whether you come for the history, the show or the art, it's quite an experience.
Both the Royal and the McPherson provide bars and concessions during the shows, along with a theatre lobby, which opens one hour before the show.
Upcoming Shows and Events
- The Huron Carole - December 19th
- The Gift - December 28th and 29th
- The Viennese New Year's - January 1st
- The Snowed in Comedy Tour - January 11th
- Randy Elvis Friskie - January 18th
- A Night at the Opera - January 23rd, 24th and 25th
- Le Vent Du Nord - March 7th, 8th and 9th
- Wicked Divas - April 11th, 12th and 13th
- Profeti Della Quinta - Salomone Rossi - February 1st
- Jeffry Cohan & Hans-Jurgen Schnoor - Ebach Tricentennial - February 22nd
- Van Der Kamp & Huggen, Portland Baroque - German Cantatas - April 12th
- Carmina Burana - May 30th and 31st
Many other shows are on the schedule, as well. Tickets range in price depending on the show chosen. Packages are also available for those looking to see an entire series or more than just one show.
The Royal & McPherson Theatres are a great place to catch a show or concert in Victoria. If you're looking for a live performance, this is the place, especially if you love history, as well.